Published on Sep 11, 2012
View all my tutorials and videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mjlorton/videos?live_view=500&flow=list&sort=dd&view=1
——————— Click “Show more” ——————————-
In this video I go through the components that are part of a solar power solution. I explain the differences between On-grid vs. off grid.
Thanks to Exsolar for the work on the solar installation – http://www.exsolar.co.za/
Other equipment used or mentioned in this video:
* Solar panels: Tenesol Total Energy – TE250-60M+ – 250 watt monocrystalline
* Outback FlexMax 60 MPPT solar charger
* The solar array will be 2250 watts (9x 250 watt mono crystalline panels)
* The battery bank will be 8 x 150 Ah lead crystal batteries.
* A Victron Energy Quattro inverter
* A Victron Energy Grid tie inverter
* A Victron Energy battery monitor
* DC to DC converter
* Micro inverters
* Eskom power and cost of energy
* Reduce energy bill / costs
* Eskom solar pre-paid electricity / energy meter
* Renewable energy
In this series on how to Solar Power Your Home:
* What is “the Grid” – On Grid vs. Off Grid?
* What is the best type of solar panel to install?
* Do I need a battery bank….what battery technology should I use?
* A look at the different type of inverters?
* How much solar power do I need – sizing the array?
* Measuring your energy consumption with energy meters.
* How to make your home more efficient – CFL, LED lighting, solar geyser,
heat pumps…and more..
* Is solar power / energy financially viable in South Africa? How long does it take to pay off?
* Does power factor play a role in solar generated power.
* Solar Power for your Home – “Free Electricity”?
* Can I run my house entirely from solar power?
* How to Solar Power a Home
* How to Solar Power a House
* how to solar power my home
Post a comment on anything else you would like to see covered.